Dispatcher freeze

From: quidam17 <quidam17_at_nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:46:15 -0500

First of all, I apologize for my english. This is not my native language...

We have a HP-UX 10.20 server with Oracle InterOffice on a Enterprise Edition Server 8.0.4. Of course, we use MTS option with 20 dispatchers since we have over 600 mail clients logged on each day.

On a regular basis (2-3 times per week), a dispatcher become freeze... Since this is probably the least used dispatcher, Oracle try to use it again when a new attemp to connect is made and then, the new connection fail.

If I kill the listener, all new connections will be in dedicated mode... If I can identified the frozen dispatcher and killed it, Oracle restart it and we are back in business with MTS.

It seems that the OS on HP server is up to date with all patches.

Anyone have idea on what cause this problem...?

Thanx!

Mario Perreault
DBA, Ville de Québec Received on Fri Jan 28 2000 - 09:46:15 CST