Re: cASE sensitive search via ODBC ???

From: Gary O'Keefe <gary_at_onegoodidea.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:44:19 GMT

A keyboard was whacked upside Freddy Kristiansen's head and out came:

>Using Oracle 8i or 7.x i am having trouble searching for 'anderson' - if he
>is placed as 'Anderson' in the database !
>
>Is there any way to create a non-case sensitive index or to make a SELECT
>statement which can give me all 'Anderson' or 'anderson' sorted correctly ?

  SELECT *
    FROM names
   WHERE to_upper(surname) = 'ANDERSON' ORDER BY surname;

Gary
--
Gary O'Keefe
gary_at_onegoodidea.com

You know the score - my current employer has nothing to do with what I post Received on Fri Jan 28 2000 - 08:44:19 CST