Re: WebDB Listener dies

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:54:59 -0800

kenfrantz_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> I have just installed a local instance of O8i in NT 4.0 SP5. The
> installation was successful. I added an environment variable,
> ORACLE_SID = ORA8i and I can access the sample database in SQL*PLUS
> with or without the host string.
>
> I installed WebDB 2.1 in its own home and the messages indicated that
> the installation was successful. I set MAX_ENABLED_ROLES to 30 in
> init.ora, as suggested in the install guide. I set
> o7_dictionary_accessibility = TRUE in init.ora as indicated in the
> release notes.
>
> I rebooted the machine and tried to access WebDB using the indicated
> URL and got a socket error from Internet Explorer (5.0) indicating that
> it could not find the page. The WebDB listener dies three or four
> minutes after the machine boots with a Dr.Watson access violation.
>
> I was able to use WebDB under the same circumstances in Oracle 8.0.5
> but
> cannot get it to work in 8i.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

You'll need the listener for 8i; Webdb recognizes 805 as a local db as it is in the same home. Not so for 8i. (It was the "under the same circumstances" that triggered me) Set up TCP for 8i, run the listener, and define WebDb to access a remote db.
--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle Received on Fri Jan 28 2000 - 16:54:59 CST