Re: form developer

From: danchik <danchik_at_deepwell.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:07:40 -0800

the set_xx_properties are for the properties that actually exist on the item....(wheather it is a button or displayitem or anything else)..... for example:
diplayitem has a property to choos bevel (lowered, raised, flat...so on..) but has no label property... where as the button has label but has no bevel selection....

see, if i could select a bevel state of a button, I could at least control how it is displayed on a form.... so that if i want it to show as pushed, i would set the bevel to lowered .... thus having 20 buttons on a page i can have one at a time be checked: sort of like the callendar would use it when you click on a day -- that day would be inset....and the other days would look like buttons....

>I don't understand caption / bevel select in this context ...

say for example : display item does not have a LABEL property... how would I add it... so that I can set it and have the ability for it to be displayed....

> radio buttons ?? or check boxes ??

toggle button... kinda like button except remembers it's state (pressed, depressed) :
as example: just add ocx to form and insert object Microsoft forms toggle buttons ....when you push it ... it stays down... so if you have say three....one(and only one) of the three would be pushed down.....

> usually you are supposed to write the trigger code ...

yes, but the 'text' goes under graphics of canvas...not under the datablock and thus can not be assosiated with a trigger.... (let me know if I am mistaking, cuz I might be able to use that) Received on Thu Jan 27 2000 - 18:07:40 CST