DBAs - Have you seen this installation problem?

From: Richard Hollingsworth <william.hollingsworth_at_hsv.boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:23:18 GMT

Hi folks. Thanks for reading this.

We are having problems getting Oracle 8.0.5 Ent.Edition to install with D2K 2.1 and need your help.

Here's the scanario...

  1. Loaded D2K 2.1 successfully.
  2. Tried to install Oracle8 Enterprise Edition. After filling out forms for Oracle8 HOME and "Complete" installation, I got the error above.
    • Tried uninstalling everything and re-loading. No luck.
    • Tried uninstalling everything, and loading Database first. Database loads fine, but get the same error when I try to install D2K.

We also get this error trying to install other machines.

Using NT WS4.0/SP5, full Admin privs, clean out the registry before each install attempt.

Sometimes if we load the DB first, D2K "QUITS" while loading .nlb files. No error, just quits.

Please help.

Richard H.
Boeing LSI Data Manager Received on Wed Jan 26 2000 - 10:23:18 CST