oracle multiple contexts

From: <cparker_at_ncube.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:42:27 GMT

Help. Has anyone ever delt with the multiple context mechanism in Oracle 7.3.2 or 8.x.x ? Our design involves many threads each accessing an Oracle database with a different oracle context. We keep getting the error message "context in use". Oracle says this is caused when two threads try to use the same context at the same time. However, we are pretty sure we have guarded against this. Our server application is written in c++ on a DEC alpha. We are using pthreads. We talk to the database using embeded SQL which we compile with the PROC compiler then link with the c++. The documentation on the oracle multiple context mechanism seems very limited. Help.

cparker_at_dim.com Received on Wed Jan 26 2000 - 10:42:27 CST