Oracle JDBC thin driver

From: James <cheungwsj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 23:48:17 +0800

Dear all,

I am using Oracle 8.0.3 EE and JDK 1.1.7. Which Oracle JDBC thin driver should I use so that I can get a connection to the database?

I have tried the following drivers which are downloaded from Oracle.

  1. 816classes111b.zip, 874KB, Error: End of TNS data channel
  2. classes111.zip, 405KB, Error: No more data to read from socket
  3. classes111b.zip, 782KB, Error: End of TNS data channel

All of them cause differenct error when I getConnection ("jdbc:oracle:thin:@user_nt:1521:orcl",

       "system", "manager").

I am really green on Oracle and JDBC, please help.

Thanks. Received on Wed Jan 26 2000 - 09:48:17 CST