Re: How to increase MAX EXTENTS?

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:50:07 -0800

Roger Arnesen wrote:

> I have run into a problem with an app that uses Personal Oracle 7.3.x, which
> is an errormessage saying that I have reached the max extents allowed (121)
>
> The segment_type is "ROLLBACK", the segment name is "RB2"
>
> How do I fix this??
>
> Roger

For 7.3.4 you can add unlimited_rollback_extents = true to your init.ora and change to unlimited extents (alter tablespace rollback default storage (maxextents unlimited))
At the same time, I'd introduce autoextending the datafile. Not sure what option was introduced in what version, maybe unlimited rollback is in 733, too
HTH
--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle Received on Wed Jan 26 2000 - 17:50:07 CST