Re: Runing External Files thru Ustation

From: Simon Wurster <swurster_at_NOSPAMworldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:46:02 -0500

Hi Courtney,
The generic command (built into MicroStation, works with Windows, maybe other OS's as well) is:

        start x:\file\path\here\name.exe which you can run from a key-in, menu item, tool palette, or macro using the MbeSendKeyin "" statement. Note that you can provide command line arguments after the .exe (if the .exe accepts them).

Sometimes you'll get errors (under NT only?):

        "Cannot find the UStn-32.txt file...."  - notepad.exe
        "The path 'x:\path\UStn-32' does not exist or is not a directory" -
explorer.exe
As a workaround, we use a macro that starts a Visual Basic app that calls the desired .exe, and everything works smoothly.

HTH,
Simon

--
Remove NOSPAM from my address if replying. Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 16:46:02 CST