Re: How to create unique primary index (autoinc feature)?

From: Jim Lyons <jlyons_at_uts.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 22:34:56 GMT

In article <01bf666f$18ef4440$be6a5790_at_poph5500>,   "Sash." <saha.s_at_meryllynch.co.uk> wrote:

> M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com> wrote in article
> <86btnj$inp$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> > Oracle does not support any auto-increment column.
>
> Of course it does - what are the Sequences used for?

I think what he meant was that there is no autoincrement datatype the way there is in MS/SQL or Access. Indeed there are not. They are quite convenient, too.

--

Jim Lyons                     |  Network Systems Analyst
Entertech - The IC2 Institute | 512-482-0273, ext. 269 University of Texas at Austin | jlyons_at_weblyons.com http://www.weblyons.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 16:34:56 CST