2 digit date problem

From: Darren Brock <brock_at_governet.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:46:07 -0700

Hi
We receive a 'lot' of data from clients and we recently noticed that some of them are giving us 2 digit years. Oracle is tacking '20' onto the front to make them '2000'. the problem is that most of the dates are supposed to be '19xx' and we get '2099' etc. instead. I thought Oracle had a mechanism that when receiving a 2 digit year put 19 on if the 2 digit year was greater than thirty? I am obviously wrong. Any ideas on how I can rectify this so it is taken care of during the loads?

Oracle 8.0.4 on Sun Sparc, Solaris

Darren Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 15:46:07 CST