Re: How to increase MAX EXTENTS?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 15:49:52 -0500

Roger Arnesen wrote:

> I have run into a problem with an app that uses Personal Oracle 7.3.x, which
> is an errormessage saying that I have reached the max extents allowed (121)
>
> The segment_type is "ROLLBACK", the segment name is "RB2"
>
> How do I fix this??
>
> Roger

What is the size of your database blocks? If it is 2048 then you will be limited to max extents of 121. If that is the case then what you need to do is figure out the current initial/next extent size, drop the rollback segments and then recreate them with larger extent sizes (make sure that pctincrease is 0).

If your database blocks are 4096 then you can change the pct increase to be 249.

If this is only happening on certain transations then you may want to create a special rollback segment for those transactions and then use a "set transaction" to make sure that the transaction uses that rollback segment.

Also, make sure that your rollback segments are not in SYSTEM tablespace. Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 14:49:52 CST