Re: Looking for (n)curses based table data editor with src (like informix isql) for 8.x

From: Stephen Hurrell <steve.hurrell_at_ccr.gov.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:11:05 -0500

Hello.

Some newbie questions about Oracle Forms.

The reason is users -- Need I say more? They want a row driven screen than sqlplus and I'd like to avoid the "delete * from <table>" syndrome. ;-)

I have Oracle EE8.0.5.2.2 installed on HPUX 10.20 and use OEM or svrmgrl/sqlplus to administer it from NT clients. I know after looking around that oracle forms is a GUI tool. I don't remember seeing it as an option when I did the install so where do you get it from and how do you use it?

Not that it matters, but I want to have them use an account that is trusted by the oracle instance so that I don't have to leave ORACLE_USERID sitting around with a password in it in a user accounts home dir.

Thanks.
STeve

"DI Karl Heinz Hörmann" wrote:

Stephen Hurrell wrote in <388C7EE6.CB25E051@hotmail.com>...
>Hello.
>
>Looking for a curses (or PL/SQL) based table data editor (select,
>insert, update, delete) perhaps (master/detail) for oracle 8.x.

Use Forms in default block mode on a (character) client ;) - takes you 30
seconds to have a standard Data Interface created ...

whats the reason for such a funny requirement ?

regards

--
STeve