JDBC 2.0 / JDK 1.2 Drivers for Oracle 8.0x (not Oracle 8i)

From: <spradhan_at_csi.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:23:19 GMT

Are there any JDK 1.2 / JDBC 2.0 compliant Oracle Thin drivers for Oracle 8.0x? I know that there is such a driver for Oracle 8i namely the Oracle 8.1.6 driver available via the Oracle Technical Network. But this driver does not work correctly with Oracle 8 when we try to use the Scrollable Result Sets feature in JDBC 2.0. The JDBC statement executes and retrieves the correct number of rows but the underlying columns contain no data values! When you do a getObject(i) on the resultset you get back a Java null! And believe me, there is data in the database <g>. Perhaps I am doing something wrong? Here is sample snippet of code I am using:

Statement s = conn.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,

   ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY));
ResultSet rs = s.executeQuery(strQuery); while (rs.next()) {

   Vector newRow = new Vector(getColumnCount());    for (int i = 1; i <= getColumnCount(rs); i++) {

      Object ob = rs.getObject(i);
      newRow.addElement(ob);

   }
   this.getRows().addElement(newRow);
}

If there is no JDBC 2.0 compliant driver currently for Oracle 8.0x, are there any plans to have such a driver in the near future (1-2 months)?

Better, yet does anyone know if Oracle plans to fix these issues with the Oracle 8.1.6 driver so that it can work with Oracle 8.0.x?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 12:23:19 CST