Re: RedHat 6.1 Installation problem

From: <steyaert_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 12:44:41 GMT

To be honest, I don't know what your answer is. When I was creating my first database, it took a LOT of effort, and a lot of time with Oracle Support. My main recommendation would be to set several environment variables before starting the installation. I'm very certain that's what makes the install work. You should set:

ORACLE_HOME
ORACLE_SID
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/usr/lib

This should cause your database creation to function correctly.

Terry Steyaert
steyaert_at_my-deja.com

In article <388B7516.67C6EF87_at_columbus.rr.com>,   dcottle <dcottle_at_columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> I installed Oracle 8i from the CD using the runIns.sh command, and
> had no problems until the installation program tried to create the
> Oracle Database Configuration Assistant. An error message was
> displayed indicating that the Oracle Database Configuration Assistant
> failed and that a required command line argument was missing.
> No more additional information was given.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jan 24 2000 - 06:44:41 CST