candidate access problem

From: Nicolas ROBERT <secur_at_ibelgique.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:37:05 +0000

Hello,

Reviewing my Oracle notes for the exams, i arrive to the candidate access problems... so i begin to do some deadlock that are detected by Oracle :

SESSION1>SQL> lock table salgrade in exclusive mode; Table(s) Locked.
SESSION2>SQL> lock table bonus in exclusive mode; Table(s) Locked.
SESSION2>SQL> lock table salgrade in share mode;
--> il se met en wait...

SESSION1>SQL> lock table bonus in share mode;
--> pis après quelques secondes ou minutes...
lock table bonus in share mode

           *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource

And by after, i've imagined that perhaps Oracle doesn't detect a thing... this one :

session 1>lock table emp in share mode;
session 2>lock table emp in share mode;
session 1>lock table emp in row share mode;
session 2>lock table emp in row share mode;
session 1>lock table emp in exclusive mode;

-->it's waiting.

session 2>lock table emp in exclusive mode;
-->it' waiting

2 minutes after, i kill the 2 sessions, i open a new session and try : session 1>select * from emp for update; ---> it's waiting...

So,my question is :
How to release the emp table?

If you have got an answer please send me it to secur_at_ibelgique.com

Thanks

Nicolas Received on Mon Jan 24 2000 - 04:37:05 CST