Re: How to disable ALL constraints ?

From: Joachim Pense <joachim_pense_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 07:22:23 GMT

In article <388BDF7A.BC8AAA01_at_erols.com>,   Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com> wrote:

> Also after you enable constraints after the import check for valid
> constraints again since Oracle will not enable a constraint that is
> invalid. So if you find one you have to fix it.
>
> --

What does this mean in detail?
Does it mean, when I reenable a constraint, the whole table will be checked by Oracle for validity of the new constraint (and you suggest to check them before to avoid an exception)? This seems not to be what most users (me included) want. What we want is to have only the new records checked and leave the old ones untouched.

Joachim

--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jan 24 2000 - 01:22:23 CST