Does Oracle 8.0.5 Parallel Server need Internet Connector ?

From: D-Square <chengwid_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 00:28:05 GMT

Hi Oracle Experts,

My company is now looking for a high-avability and load-balancing solution in DB. We consider that Oracle 8.0.5 Parallel Server is a good choice. However, the local Oracle distribution channel said that we need to buy a module call Internet Connector.

Q1. What's that for ? What's the main function of Internet Connector ? What's pros and cons on using it ?

Q2. What's the average price of Internet Connector ?

Q3. Any suggestion on using High-Availability ? Should I use IBM HACMP, HP MC/Service Guard or Compaq Digital Cluster ?

Q4. In the High Avaliability option, should I buy one or two databases for Oracle PS ?

That's all I would like to say. Look forward to hearing any advise from any expert soon. Many thanks !!!

Cheers, D-Square Received on Sun Jan 23 2000 - 18:28:05 CST