when to use stored procedures

From: Mark Lybarger <marklybarger_at_copper.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 12:28:47 -0500

Hi, I'm on a development team, and we're entering the design phase for our project. The project is to rewrite/reengineer library functionality using C with embedded SQL. We will most likely be on a Unix platform (SUN) with an Oracle 8.0.5 RDBMS. The question is, from a design prospective, when is it best to use stored procedures? What are the advantages/disadvantages.

Any thoughts, links, etc would be most appreciated. -Mark Received on Sun Jan 23 2000 - 11:28:47 CST