R: Help!! Temporary table in Oracle?

From: DerKommisar <baldain_at_kataweb.it>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 13:54:24 +0100

 Hi,
 The concept than Temporary tables in Oracle is quite different in SQL = server.

 In SQL Server the Temporary Tables are created only to simplify the = query very heavy.
 Once that the query is finished the temporary tables are automatic = dropped.
 All This because MS SQL Server Doesn't can to do the query where there = are a lot of tables in join.

Instead Oracle haven't any problem to do the query also with much more = tables.
However the temporary tables in Oracle (Available 8.0.5 above I think), = once created aren't Dropped but
only deleted the record inside.

  Alan Hong <hongshi_at_fuse.net> wrote in message = s8cunddleh6121_at_corp.supernews.com...
  Hi,

  I'm new to Oracle PL/SQL and now I'm working on a procedure which = originally came from MS SQL Server.
  In the procedure, there're some temporarily tables created, and they = are used in another SELECT statement in the same procedure.

  Now the question is how to do this in Oracle? Is there any way to = create temporary table in Oracle? How? Is it Cursor? How to use the = cursor in another SELECT in the same procedure?

  Any help will be highly appreciated!

  Dan Received on Sun Jan 23 2000 - 06:54:24 CST