OCI 815/804 prefetch/array fetching performance

From: <natakory_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:12:59 GMT

We have created a program to do a simple fetch of 49000 rows from the database over net8 using TCP/IP. We compared the fetch times for the OCI 8 Prefetch/Array fetch vs OCI7 ofen call. We find the performance of Oracle 8 terrible (up to 50% degradation in fetch times). We tried 7 client/7 server and 7 client/8 server and 8 client/8 server. In both instances, using 7 client is quicker than using 8 client. The 8 versions we tried were 8.1.5 and 8.0.4. The 7 version was 7.3.4. We see the same behavior on Solaris and NT. Has anyone seen the sorts of performance impact we have seen or has an idea what is causing the problem.

Thanks
Natalia

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 10:12:59 CST