Problems with Oracle8.0, ODBC, and VB5

From: Wolfgang Hoff <wolf_at_math.uni-sb.de>
Date: 21 Jan 2000 09:56:15 GMT

Hi,

at first sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup or if this question can be found in a FAQ. In that case maybe you can tell me, where is the right place.

And here's the problem: I'm using a rdoConection with Oracle8.0 ODBC driver to an Oracle8.0 DB-Server (programming in VB 5). The behaviour I experience is if I directly select a field (Select FieldName from Table) I get an error (Invalid Character) if the lenght of the fieldname is longer than 9 characters. Alos I get this error if I use alias names (select ... as alias ...) if I use more then 9 characters without blank in the alias name. Can anybody help me how solving this problem or show me a work around?

many thanks in advance

ciao

Wolfgang Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 03:56:15 CST