Re: Utils like TOAD,PLSQL Developer for Linux?

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne_at_news.hex.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 02:29:01 GMT

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:50:33 GMT, Jeff Fox <jfox_at_airmail.net> concluded we would all be made wiser by knowing that:
>On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:35:51 GMT, no.spam_at_columbus.rr.com wrote:
>>Does anyone know of any tools for Linux that are like TOAD or PL/SQL
>>Developer? Has anyone gotten either of these tools to run under Wine?
>>
>>I've searched so far and haven't found anything. I've placed an e-mail
>>into both companies to see if they plan on porting their tools to Linux.
>
>Try this URL
>http://oracle.mattshouse.com/

Interesting, but this is "merely" a set of tools that unfortunately amount to text interfaces to SQL*Plus with a thin veneer of GTK on top.

Quite suitable for a DBA, but not for deployment of form-oriented applications to end users.
--
Obversely, a lot of verbal mileage can also be gotten by sending out incomprehensible, cryptic, confusing or unintelligible messages, and then iteratively "correcting" the "mistaken interpretations" in the replys.
-- from the Symbolics Guidelines for Sending Mail cbbrowne@ntlug.org- <http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/rdbms.html> Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 20:29:01 CST