Accessing Informix database from Oracle

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:33:15 -0500

I have a situation where there is data that is stored on a Sun box with an Informix database. On a separate box there is a Oracle 7.3 database running under UW 2.1.2. We'd like to be able to run a program on the machine which has the Oracle database and bring in the Informix data to create a report.

My guess is that we would have to get an Oracle gateway and that this would require installing software on both the Sun box and the UW box so that we could access the data.

Has anyone ever done something like this? Is it difficult to set up? If the two boxes are on an ethernet lan would there be tremendous performance problems? Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 11:33:15 CST