Re: What book to buy?

From: Joseph T <jthvedt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:11:25 GMT

In article <Ufnh4.7815$in5.129533_at_news1.online.no>,   "Andreas Høistad" <remove.andhoi_at_online.no> wrote:
> I'm supposed to begin administer a Oracle8 installation on Solaris. I
have
> 10 years of NT expreience,

<wiseacre remark>
First, let me congratulate you on that neat trick, since NT's only been out since 1993.
</wiseacre remark>

But I agree with Steve that you should get the Loney book. Once you've got the basics of administration down, you'll probably need a really good performance tuning book. My favorite is "Oracle Performance Tuning" by Gurry & Corrigan from O'Reilly & Associates.

Also from O'Reilly, if you need something on the Unix side, is the wonderful "Essential System Administration" by Aeleen Frisch.

Good luck.

Joseph

--
Joseph Thvedt
jthvedt_at_my-deja.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 11:11:25 CST