Re: Flat file creation problems

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:42:05 +0100

Assuming you refer to AY 11111, you hit a 'feature'. Any numeric column always has an extra position for the sign, which contains a '-' when the number is negative and a ' ' when the number is positive. Personally I would use a separator like a ',' or a '|'. In your case you probably need to suppress the unwanted space by using to_char.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA