A knowledge synergetic with Oracle

From: Maria <kdiNOkdSPAM_at_cuci.nl.invalid>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 01:32:43 -0800

I have just finish the course on Oracle Designer 2000 which was my first experience in the field of IT. There are obviously many things I have to learn besides the Oracle development tools, but I do not know where to start and look for advice on what knowledge would be synergetic complementation to Oracle Designer. I was thinking to begin with operating systems like Unix, NT or Linux, or to concentrate on C/C++ for being able to understand Oracle server programs. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Besides I would appreciate any comments on whether my previous background as a biomedical engineer can contribute to system development in the field of biomedical industry and health care.

Thank you in advance.
Maria