Re: What book to buy?

From: Andrey Taranov <andrey_at_custis.ru>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:21:30 +0300

Hi Andreas

"Andreas H?istad" <remove.andhoi_at_online.no> wrote
> I'm supposed to begin administer a Oracle8 installation on Solaris. I have
> 10 years of NT expreience, but I have no experience to Oracle or Solaris.
> The intention is to take some courses, but I wondred if someone could
> suggest some good books to read prior to this.

"Oracle Database Administration: The Essential Reference" by O'Reilly is an excellent reference book. See <http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oradba/> But keep in mind, that it's rather sparse as a guide...

Andrey Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 00:21:30 CST