Re: SQL+

From: Rob Zwartjes <rzwartje_at_robz.HOSTNAME>
Date: 19 Jan 2000 21:40:06 GMT

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000 07:33:04 GMT, Vigi98 <hubera_at_caramail.com> wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>
>I just installed Oracle8 for linux on my PC. I applied as indicated the
>patchset and the linuxpatch. But I cannot manage to launch SQL+. I just
>obtain a "Segment error (core dumped)". Fortunately, svrmgrl is working.
>
>Do someone know what is it due to ?
>
>If not, here is my idea : I wonder if my problem is due to the value of my
>SHMMMAX or something like that, because the installation guide says that it
>has to be set to a certain value. Unfortunately, I do not know how this
>parameter is set. Do someone know that ?

Hello to you to,
maybe this helps.

In file shmparam.h #define_SHM_IDX_BITS 15. Change this value to 16.

#define SHMMAX 0x2000000 = ( 32 MB )
0x4...... = ( 67 MB )

I put mine to 0x6..... = ( 100 MB ) a bit more then the 96 MB on board :)

but it works.

I got from the Internet a install guide for oracle 8.0.5 If you are interested I can look it up for you.

wr,
Rob