how to work with standby database

From: sachh <sachh_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 18:29:51 +0530

hi,
I am facing problem with standby database which i tryied to create in following ways.
1)The current Pfileis orcl1
2)The instance_name,db_name,service name is orcl1,   3)The database orcl1 is in archivelog mode.   4)I shutdown the database orcl1 and made a full offline backup.    5) Created the standby database controlfile by      svrmgrl>alter database orcl1 create standby controlfile as 'standby.ctl'

    svrmgrl>alter system archive log current.

Now I copied the pfile of initorcl.ora to initstdby.ora 1)And I edited it and changed the values of db_name,instance_name,service_name to stdby. 2)I edited the control file list and changed the name of coontrolfile as stdby.ctl
change the ORACLE_SID to stdby and exported it 3)SVRMGRL>startup nomount pfile=initstdby.ora   It starts the instance.
  4)svrmgrl>alter database mount standy database exclusive gives the following error
ORA-01103: database name 'ORCL' in controlfile is not 'STDBY'

how to proceed further.
Is ther any good url for standby database creation. please send a copy to me at schandrakar_at_vsnl.com thanx in advance
sachin Received on Wed Jan 19 2000 - 06:59:51 CST