Re: Connecting to Oracle from Access97 using Named Pipes

From: ~ -------- Nic -------- ~ <memnochtd_at_geocities.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:40:07 -0000

I've Setup an ODBC connection using the Pipe Name as the connect string. However, I am asked to input a login name and password and I am not sure where to retrieve these from. Will the login name and password be stored on the local drive, i.e in a log file, or can they be retrieved from somewhere else? The Named Pipe is also used when running an Oracle database exe file and I cannot recall ever having to login using name and password. Received on Wed Jan 19 2000 - 06:40:07 CST