Re: Oracle8i driver for Java

From: Steve Dyrdahl <dyrdahl_at_nixon.reticular.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:47:21 -0800

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Christopher M. Day wrote:

> Comes out in 8.1.6, so they say, also provides better iiop and http
> interface into the database.

The jdbc 1.2 driver will ship with 8.1.6 but it is available for download now at the Oracle Technology Network. You have to be a member of OTN, but membership is free and absolutely invaluable if you work with Oracle at all.

Go to:
http://technet.oracle.com

Select Software from the side menu.

The "Select a Utility or Driver" pull down menu contains a entry for "Oracle 8 JDBC OCI and JDBC Thin Drivers" entry.

The thin driver is available, but I believe the only OCI driver available is for solaris.