Re: SQL Server/Oracle performance metrics

From: rockcogar <rock_cogarNOroSPAM_at_my-deja.com.invalid>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:21:37 -0800

What is your biggest risk ?

(1) Spending "too much" money for Oracle on a fast box, or
(2) Spending "less money" on SQL-Server and having a site that cannot
handle the load.

I like and DBA on both RDMSs, but if really heavy loads are planned for then I am inclined to lean towards Oracle. I wish I had some benchmark data but I don't.

Rock.