Estimate the size of a table in advance

From: <extern13_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:55:00 GMT

Hi to all Oracle experts !

I know that this is a much asked question, but up to now I found no answer (or looked in the wrong places).

I want to estimate the size in KB/MB of a table to use in the storage section in the "create table" command. The size is based on the estimated size of a row, initial number of rows and growth rate. Also I would like to be able to get some size figures to estimate the size of the indexes I need to create for a new table.

Somebody told me that there is a excel spreadsheet out there which would help a DBA to get the sizes.

After the table was "alive" for some time, which DBA-views can I use to calculate the exact size, in order to avoid extents when I reorganize the table (i.e. unload, drop, recreate, load).

Any help or link is appreciated.
TIA,
Stefan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 18 2000 - 04:55:00 CST