Re: Problem with Application Design Transformer in Function Hierarchy Diagrammer in Oracle Designer 6

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:20:55 -0800

Immo Wetzel wrote:

> I have a problem with Application Design Transformer in
> Function Hierarchy Diagrammer in Oracle Designer 6
> my start function contains 43 sub functions
>
> the tranformer works like this :
>
> Initializing...
> Creating temporary tables...
> Querying Function details...
> Identifying Modules...
> Creating candidate Modules...
> Creating General Module : (name of sub functions)
> ….
> Creating Module text...
> Creating Module Function associations...
> Creating Module Business Unit associations...
> Creating Module Arguments...
> Creating Module Components and Table usages...
> Module : (name of sub functions)
> - creating Window : (name of sub functions)
> - creating Module Component Table Usage for Table : (name of
> entity)
> …..
> Creating Data Bound Items...
> Creating Argument Item usages...
> Creating Module Table usages...
> Creating Module Column usages...
> Generate data usages has completed successfully.
>
> the percentage completion figure is 95%
>
> then comes the following error message
> RME-00224: Failed to close activity
> with details
> RME-00222: Failed to dispatch operation to Repository
> RME-00011: Operation 'close' on ACTIVITY has failed
> RME-00020: Internal API error - ORA-01562: failed to extend
> rollback segment number 13 | ORA-01628: max # extents (121)
> reached for rollback segment RB12
>
> when I click OK (no other possibility) I get this message
>
> The utility has stopped due to failure.
>
> I checked the tablespace ? it is not to small
>
> Name Status Size (M) Used (M)
> ROLLBACK DATA ONLINE 65.000 33.750
> SYSTEM ONLINE 270.000 260.137
> TEMPORARY_DATA ONLINE 7.000 2.637
> USER_DATA ONLINE 8.000 4.543
> WIC_DATA ONLINE 135.000 93.195
> WIC_RBS ONLINE 60.000 3.020
>
> when I check in Design Editor, the module list is empty
>
> I don´t know what happens
> Please help
>
> --
>
> Cornelia
> Wetzel
> mailto:cowetzel_at_gmx.de
> Fachhochschule Stralsund http://www.fh-stralsund.de

It's not a matter of the tablespace being too small, but a matter of too many extents being used: you have limited the maximum number of extents to 121, and the rollback segment reached that!
You (or your DBA) should create larger extents on rollback, and/or increase the maximum.
Here's what I always use on a designer instance:

--
-- Create de Rollback tablespace and de Rollback Segments

CREATE TABLESPACE ROLLBACK
 DATAFILE '/hd16/oracle/rollback01.dbf'  SIZE 9M REUSE
 AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 1M
 DEFAULT STORAGE ( INITIAL     200K
                   NEXT        200K
                   MINEXTENTS    5
                   MAXEXTENTS    UNLIMITED
                   PCTINCREASE   0 );

--

-- Create nine Rollback Segments
--

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
Inter Access V&L                     Hunzestraat 4
Palatijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede         7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500 Received on Mon Jan 17 2000 - 15:20:55 CST