oracle books

From: Michael Francis Horrocks <M.F.Horrocks_at_informasa.es>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:00:49 +0100

All,

    I'm on the point to buy a few Oracle Books amongst which are some by Kevin Loney
including Oracle 8 DBA handbook Second Edition Published Oct 97, however while on fatbrain.com I noticed there is also Oracle 8i DBA handbook Published Oct 99 and the table of contents seem to be very very similar, so do I go for what is supposed to be the classic one (OCT 97) or the very latest one (OCT 99),

I intend to buy the 8i one as it is the latest and as such should be more relevant but I am making the assumption that between 8 and 8i there is very little difference apart from Web issues am I right

Any input would be appreciated

Michael Received on Mon Jan 17 2000 - 06:00:49 CST