Re: Error while installing Oracle 8 PE

From: <BBruce_at_Erols.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 14:08:25 GMT

Don't know if this is your situation but here goes...

Remove PO7 ENTIRELY from your system. Not just using the Oracle installer but every reference to it in your registry. (Make a backup first). It was annoying as heck the first time I attempted an install and Oracle Support didn't know anything about it.

Really there are two problems. PO7 doesn't uninstall completely and PO8 can't handle that.
Brad