Error while installing Oracle 8 PE

From: sonarboy <sonar11_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 05:07:45 GMT

I was installing Oracle 8 Personal Edition (using the Y2K compliant installer, of course) when I received the message:
"rdbms80.vrf(855): Unbound variable 'install_type'

Does anyone know what it means?

Also, when I tried to install SQL Net, I get the message

"Add SQL *Net Add-on (patch) 2.2.2.1.0 before installing.

Can one of you gurus tell me where I can find this patch (and why I need it, for that matter)?

Thank you all for any assistance you may be able to provide.

PC: 200MHZ Pentium
OS: Win95

Patrick

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Jan 15 2000 - 23:07:45 CST