Converting Legacy Date Fields

From: Ron Franks <Ron.Franks_at_trw.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:20:22 -0800

Does anyone know how to convert dates that are in the form YYJJJ, (where YY= year and JJJ = Julian date) into something that Oracle likes, such as "MMDDYY"? Here's my challenge: I'm migrating mainframe legacy data into Oracle tables using SQL*Loader. The date field blows up on me, so I need to somehow convert it during the loading process.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Ron.Franks_at_trw.com Received on Fri Jan 14 2000 - 13:20:22 CST