Design problem; distributed DB

From: Thorsten Kubis <TKubis_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 10:07:30 +0100

Hello All!

After successfull design of some multi-master-replications I have the following problem now. I have two DB´s on different locations. Database A should be called the master and my DB B is a subset of A.
Now my problem: Table B1 (mine) has primary key from table A1 and some columns of A1. Also B1 should have some more columns that are not in A1. So B1 is a Mix of Columns from the Master table and my own columns.

So full table replication or snapshots is not the solution. How can my table B1
be updated with the data from table A1. Should I use procedureal replication or just triggers on the Master DB A tables that insert Data into my tables?

Are there any suggestions on this forum or is there a simple solution I never heard about?

regards

Thorsten Received on Fri Jan 14 2000 - 03:07:30 CST