Re: Any experiences using NetApp Filer as storage for Oracle database files?

From: ora7dba <mikeo_at_tconl.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:30:14 -0600

I just completed my evaluation and found the hardware to work well in and out of a private network.

The problem I noticed was with GUI tools sitting on my NT machine. I was using OEM products and DBArtisan. After about 2 mins the tools lost their connection to the database. Closing the programs I was able to monitor the database but only for a short time. I did not have time to investigate why this was happening.

-Mike

Lars Bo Vanting, COREBIT SYAP/TPI AG <LarsBoV_at_COREBIT.ch> wrote in message news:84v2io$70f$1_at_news1.sunrise.ch...
> I'm looking for informations about how well a NetApp Filer works together
> with Oracle, especially as a place to keep the database files. NetApp
Filer