OS authenticated users

From: deven <dksharmaNOdkSPAM_at_mail.com.invalid>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 14:06:32 -0800

I'm using Oracle8i version 8.1.5 in Windows NT. I created a Oracle user idntified EXRETNALLY. This user exists for NT also. The following lines included:

[INI.ORA] server

remote_os_authent=true
remote_os_roles=true
os_authent_prefix=""
os_roles=false
global_names=true

There is no entry found for OSAUTH_PREFIX_DOMAIN in registry.

[SQLNET.ORA] server & client

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS) When I logon from the server machine C:>SQLPLUS / ERROR:
ORA-01017:invalid username/password;login denied

thanks for any suggestions in advance

d k sharma