Re: Hardware requirements for Oracle running under WinNT?

From: Michael Rothwell <marothwell_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:09:29 -0800

I've been running my dev box on a 120 pentium with 64M RAM. Not exactly ideal, but it runs fine.
It all depends on what you are gonna be doing: do you have many users?
Large tables?
Wharehouse vs. OLTP?
etc....

The 700 cpu will work great with a decent sized database, but if you are gonna have many users ( even if you dont ) I would bump up the memory to a min of 256.
half Gig would be better - it's not that expensive. Multiple Hard drives on a SCSI instead of IDE would def help also.

Again - I would kill to have the system you describe for my dev box - but production needs a little more. YMMV

Michael