Re: Web Enable existing Client Server Forms

From: Ramanarao Chamarty <rchamart_at_thunder.temple.edu>
Date: 13 Jan 2000 18:02:10 GMT

My thoughts:
it can be done - Use 3 tier arch - OAS 4.0.8+ develeper server 6.0+ Oracle dataserver.

Once you have the bugs and patches figured out - all is fine.

Ramana
rchamart_at_temple.edu

 Wed, 12 Jan 2000 22:18:28 -0800 Pavan (on_jobNOonSPAM_at_usa.net.invalid) wrote:
: In article <947655523.15341_at_pluto.global.net.au>, "Mark Brayshaw"
: <markb_at_global.net.au> wrote:
: > Gentlebeings,
: > I have been asked byu a client to look at the
: > options for
: > web-enabling part of their
: > existing client server application. The client has Oracle 7.3.4
: > RDBMS and
: > Developer 6, they do
: > not currently have any web hosting facilities.
: > I know that there a several options open here, can anyone give
: > some examples
: > and/or experiences
: > of successful (or not) web-enabling existing two tier apps?
: > TIA
: > --
: > Mark Brayshaw
:
:
:
: Hi Friend,
: Well, I have web enabled Forms 5.0 using Oracle Web Server. As far as
: my knowledge goes I see only Web Server to hoist the Forms on the Web.
: I understand your question about the 2 tier architecture. But I feel it
: cannot be done directly. If this could have been done directly. Oracle
: Web Application Server would not have been launched by Oracle Corp.
: itself.
: If you could find any method to do it directly. I would really be happy
: if I come to know about this. My email id is "c_pavan_at_usa.net".
:
: Cheers
:
:
:
:
: * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
: The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!
: