Re: Controlfile corruption

From: Ramanarao Chamarty <rchamart_at_thunder.temple.edu>
Date: 13 Jan 2000 17:55:06 GMT

My thoughts:
1: Recreate the control file( alter backup control file to trace) - If you believe you have a clean database. then replace the existing control files. Monitor the alert logs periodically - to catch any errors.

2: If you have a cold backup - do step one and shutdown an dtake acold backup for future.

HTH!! Ramana
rchamart_at_temple.edu

 Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:15:41 +0100 Jan M. Stankovsky (jan_at_ifs.univie.ac.at) wrote:
: Thank you!
:
: Yes something went wrong, but I want to find out the possible causes.
: I remember that last time (2 weeks ago) I had a problem with the control
: file
: and was unable to start the database (can't remember the exact
: errornumber),
: I copied controlfile 1 over controlfile 2 and I was able to start the
: database.
: Maybe I shouldn't have done this and that's the reason for the error
: now. But I never had problems with the controlfile. So now I am really
: concerned..
: I restored the complete oradata directory an I am able to start the
: instance.
: mhhh but what is going on...
:
:
:
:
: "Michael Schäfer" wrote:
: >
: > Something went wrong with your DB.
: > It seems that the system01.dbf is newer then the controlfile.
: > Did you copy or restore something?