Re: Controlfile corruption

From: Jan M. Stankovsky <jan_at_ifs.univie.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:15:41 +0100

Thank you!

Yes something went wrong, but I want to find out the possible causes. I remember that last time (2 weeks ago) I had a problem with the control file
and was unable to start the database (can't remember the exact errornumber),
I copied controlfile 1 over controlfile 2 and I was able to start the database.
Maybe I shouldn't have done this and that's the reason for the error now. But I never had problems with the controlfile. So now I am really concerned..
I restored the complete oradata directory an I am able to start the instance.
mhhh but what is going on...