Array DML inserts and for each row inserts

From: Jacqui Caren <Jacqui.Caren_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 13:07:45 GMT

One of our developers is using Array DML to insert a set of records and is hitting problems with triggers (mutating tables). His workaround is to create an in- memory table in a PL/SQL package and cache changes in this table. Then a statement level trigger reads the table to update relevant entries.

His problem is that he is not sure whether the on row triggers are fired off sequentially or could be fired off in parrallel. He does not want to take the risk that a PLSQL table record gets overwritten by another becuase both 'insert' into the same index value.

Any advice would be appreciated. If anyone wants to email replies (our news spool is down for the next few days/week as we are migrating systems) I will gladly post a summary back to the group. Note that I *will* check via Deja for replies :-)

TIA,
        Jacqui Caren

--
Paul Ingram Group Ltd,140A High Street,Godalming GU7 1AB United Kingdom Email: J.Caren_at_ig.co.uk Fax: +44 1483 862801 Phone: +44 1483 862800 SmartCards in e-commerce? http://www.smartaxis.com/ Received on Thu Jan 13 2000 - 07:07:45 CST