What happens if...

From: Andy <abruskoNOabSPAM_at_binney-smith.com.invalid>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:53:59 -0800

Hi,

What happens if I am running an "insert" query in SQL*PLUS against a table and I encounter a unique constraint violation? Does the query just skip the insert on the row that encountered the unique constraint violation and continue with the insert for the next row, or does the query stop at the point that the violation occurred and go no further?

I know you get the error:
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00001: unique constraint (FRT.PK_FREIGHT) violated but I can't tell if the query ends at this point or continues on.

Hope I explained that ok...thanks!