Re: call Outlook or something else to send an email

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:59:57 +0100

AFAIR(emember), Forms is OLE enabled, correct? In that case you should make sure your forms references the Outlook type library, create an object variable pointing to the Outlook object, and the rest is a Microsoft issue. Of course, this is a client solution.
For a server solution you need either to use dbms_pipe (checkout the website of Thomas Kyte for details) or the external procedure mechanism (Oracle 8 and beyond)

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA