Re: Web Enable existing Client Server Forms

From: Pavan <on_jobNOonSPAM_at_usa.net.invalid>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 22:18:28 -0800

In article <947655523.15341_at_pluto.global.net.au>, "Mark Brayshaw" <markb_at_global.net.au> wrote:
> Gentlebeings,
> I have been asked byu a client to look at the
> options for
> web-enabling part of their
> existing client server application. The client has Oracle 7.3.4
> RDBMS and
> Developer 6, they do
> not currently have any web hosting facilities.
> I know that there a several options open here, can anyone give
> some examples
> and/or experiences
> of successful (or not) web-enabling existing two tier apps?
> TIA
> --
> Mark Brayshaw

Hi Friend,
Well, I have web enabled Forms 5.0 using Oracle Web Server. As far as my knowledge goes I see only Web Server to hoist the Forms on the Web. I understand your question about the 2 tier architecture. But I feel it cannot be done directly. If this could have been done directly. Oracle Web Application Server would not have been launched by Oracle Corp. itself.
If you could find any method to do it directly. I would really be happy if I come to know about this. My email id is "c_pavan_at_usa.net".

Cheers